Note: Girls cannot start attending after school until the registration form is complete and fees are paid. Please expect for your child to begin 2-5 business days after submitting a registration form and paying your fees. Please contact Christi (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
|Fee Structure||Financial Assistance||School Holidays||After School Parent Guide|
|Schools Transported||Middle/High School Fees||Pickup Procedure||Snack|
* Note that all parents are responsible for reading and familiarizing themselves with the information in the After School Guide for Parents and Guardians.
The Girls Place After School Program operates in conjunction with the Alachua County School Calendar. The program began on Monday, August 19th. We transport girls from many Alachua County schools to Girls Place for an afternoon of structured activities. We provide countless activities based on the components of wellness: physical, emotional, spiritual, environmental, intellectual and social. This curriculum, with an emphasis on completing homework, allows Girls Place to provide a well rounded experience for the girls. Girls will participate in arts and crafts and field trips, interacting with special guests, and much more. For more information, please download our After School Parent Guide.
Registration is open! Our 2012-2013 school year and summer programs were quite successful so we anticipate establishing a wait list for some schools. For that reason, please register and pay your fees to secure your spot.
By submitting a registration form for the After School Program, you agree to the following registration terms and conditions:
Registration implies a commitment to participate in the program for the entire 2013-2014 school year.
- Families are responsible for paying for every week regardless of how many weeks they attend.
- Teacher work days and school holidays are included in the weekly rate.
- A week of fees must be paid by August 12th to secure a spot in the program.
- Accepted payments are check, cash, money order, Visa or MasterCard. Postdated checks cannot be accepted.
- Families signed up and not attending will be charged up to one month prior to being inactivated and the child will lose her spot in the program.
- To return to the program, families must confirm that there is space available, pay a $15 activation fee and pay their balance in full.
- Families who would like to withdraw for a short time period or permanently have to complete the Removal Form.
- Families on ELC will be responsible for the full (non-ELC rate) fees if they fail to attend the program or if they fail to comply with ELC terms and policies.
- Lastly, the parent who registers their daughter is ultimately responsible for paying the weekly fees. Any arrangements between parents cannot be accommodated by our staff.
Early drop off for school holidays: $1/day per child
Late fees: $1 for every five minutes late
- $20 (nonrefundable) for an individual
- $40 (nonrefundable) for a family
- Due upon registration unless already paid in 2013; will be invoiced again in January 2014
Children MUST be at least 5 years old to participate in any program at Girls Place.
- $49/week for the first child
- $41/week for each sibling
Fees can be paid in person (cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, money order) or over the phone (Visa or MasterCard).
Girls Place is an Early Learning (ELC) provider. Families who qualify for ELC are often given rates well below what we can offer with our assistance program . Please contact ELC for more information. Families on ELC must abide by both Girls Place and ELC guidelines. Failure to do so can result in dismissal from Girls Place or loss in funding from ELC.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Normal operating hours – school release – 6:00 pm
Office hours – 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Girls ages 5-18 can participate in the program. Girls are divided into groups based on the grade they are entering in during the school year: K-1st (Pink), 2nd-3rd (Red), 4th-5th (Yellow), 6th-7th (Green), 8th-12th (Blue). Each group has designated classroom space in addition to access to about 5 acres of green space and a gymnasium.
We share transportation responsibilities with the Boys and Girls Club (schools are noted with an asterisk). Each Club sends drivers to the following schools and drops off members at the appropriate club.
*Chiles Elementary(We have reached our maximum. Posted 08/17/13)
- Glen Springs Elementary
- *Hidden Oak Elementary
- *Littlewood Elementary
- * Meadowbrook Elementary (We no longer have a waiting list and we can accommodate more children. Posted 08/14/13)
- Metcalfe Elementary
- Norton Elementary
- One Room Schoolhouse (Pick up coincides with the Alachua County Schools calendar.)
Rawlings Elementary(Removed due to a lack of interest. Posted 08/14/13)
- Stephen Foster Elementary
- Talbot Elementary
- *Terwilliger Elementary
- *Fort Clarke Middle School
- Hoggetowne Middle School
- Howard Bishop Middle School
- *Westwood Middle School
* If 5 or more families show an interest in a school not listed above, we will consider transporting girls from additional schools. Families must commit and pay a week of fees by August 9th to consider a new school.
- Girls must be picked up by 6:00 pm
- Parents and guardians must come in the lobby to sign out the girls
- A staff member will call your child to the front desk
- If a staff person is not at the front desk, please go directly to the office
- Anyone who comes to pick up a child will have their ID checked until the staff person becomes familiar with the parent or guardian
- Girls cannot be sent home with someone who is not on their pick up list
- Please contact the office immediately with any changes to a child’s pick up list (verbal messages from the girls will not be accepted).
Girls Place has a snack program offered through the Kids Cafe. Snack is available to all girls attending our program. A menu is available for each week. Snack will be served between 2:30 and 3:00.
We will also open our concession stand each afternoon at approximately for girls to purchase additional or preferable items. Parents may opt to send snack items as well. Items will vary in the concession stand, but may include juice, Gatorade, water, fruit snacks, chips, and trail mix. Items range from $0.25-$1.50
Concession Accounts: We prefer that a concession account is established to avoid any issues with missing money. An account can be set up in our front office and parents can set daily spending limitations if desired. We cannot be responsible for lost or stolen money, so this is the preferred option for girls who wish to purchase snacks
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the activities during the After School Program, please consult our After School Parent Guide or contact us. We would be more than happy to assist you.